National Preparedness Month 2019: Make a Plan
National Preparedness Month continues, and this week, the theme is "Make a Plan." Here are just a few helpful tips and steps to take to ensure you and your loved ones are ready and prepared for the unexpected.
- Make an emergency plan for your house and practice it. This would be especially helpful for children.
- Have emergency contact numbers ready for your family.
- Create a group texting chain for your family so you can keep in touch easily.
- Learn how to turn off utilities, mainly your water and gas.
- Create a basic disaster supply kit. This includes food, water, and meds to last for at least 72 hours.
- Download the FEMA mobile app to get weather alerts for up to 5 locations, disaster resources, and safety tips.
For more information, ready.gov has a wealth of resources to help you and your family plan ahead.
In the unfortunate event of a disaster, SERVPRO is ready to respond 24/7 to your emergency. Call (847) 593-3055 for service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster!